Tavares Youth Football League 2020 Parent Information
All athletes must have completed physical forms shown to League Secretary prior to participating in any physical activities. Physical forms are immediately handed back to athletes or parents so as to be in compliance with HIPPA requirements.
TYFL BOARD MEETINGS
TYFL Board meetings are held at the Tavares Civic Center, 100 East Caroline St., Tavares, FL.
Meeting Dates: 4th Thursday of every month
TYFL MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Tavares Youth Football League is to enable young people to benefit from participating in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation in football and cheerleading, Tavares Youth Football (TYFL) programs tech fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
TYFL seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the import ants of sportsmanship. Specifically, TYFL seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football and cheerleading. TYFL strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed, religion or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, respect and physical fitness.
- To encourage and increase your participation in football.
- To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
- To install life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior ethic in the home and on the playing field.
- Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
- On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
- Individual awards are given.
SAFE PLAYING ENVIRONMENT
- Players are matched by age.
- There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
- All games are officiated by certified officials.
The sole purpose of the Tavares Youth Football League is to teach young men and women the basic fundamentals of football and cheerleading, to build confidence of all participants, while developing their skills and abilities, to install a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship, to generate restraint over emotions and speech, in victory as well as defeat, through teamwork and by example, to provide even and fair participation for all participants. Tavares Youth Football League, Inc. shall be a non-profit organization, except and only for the furtherance of the league and its’ supervised activities.